Another Provincial border (and another time zone) crossed. The good news is that the internet here is very good, but the bad news is that it wasn't a very eventful day to report on, as it was mostly "hands on the wheel, eyes on the road ahead". We rolled into our camp site with enough time to spare for me to dash out and get my daily cache before hunkering down for Miller time and dinner.
I realize that I forgot to relate the end of the tire saga, though. When I took it into the tire shop for repair, they declared that the tire was no good, and pointed out a sidewall bulge that indicated belt damage. I had to buy a whole new tire. :-( But that isn't the end of the story just yet... during today's travel I had to refill it, so it may be losing air again, I'll have to take it into a shop here in the morning for them to look at once more. It might even be the tire pressure monitoring valve on it I suppose... what a drag. Oh well, that's what adventures are all about, eh?
Ticks seem to be an epidemic, though. With all the bushwhacking I do in B.C., I've never seen one of the little parasites. Among the three of us (and DeeOhGee), we've managed to pick up about a dozen since crossing into Saskatchewan. The campground manager here says he thinks this is the worst year yet for them, and global warming may be playing a part in their migration from the East.
Tomorrow we have a full day's outing planned if the weather cooperates (it's quite warm and muggy now, with possible thundershowers in the outlook). There are a couple of interesting parks and possibly the Mint...
No comments:
Post a Comment