The day started out well enough.The usual last minute stuff, of course, so it wasn't exactly leap out of bed and out the door. However, at 7:15 I was pulling out of the storage yard compound, and at 8:23 pulling into the ferry terminal. There was lots of room, and I made the 9:00 sailing.
Got to Hope without incident, went and found a fabulous cache at a scenic waterfall, got some groceries and headed home for Miller. So far so good, except that I can't upload a photo of the falls because the laptop won't read the camera's XD card and I don't have its USB cable with me. If I can find a cable in Williams Lake I'll upload the pix then.
Edit... here is the waterfall...
After the gin had a chance to settle the dust, I decided to hook up the water for the first time after the winterization. I made sure the hot water tank was still bypassed (don't want antifreeze in there), turned off all the taps that had been left open, and connected the water. Hm... hardly any pressure in the taps, what's wrong? On my way out to the hydrant, I see a waterfall coming from the elevated front end, and realize in an instant that I'd forgotten the washer/dryer taps. The hoses were disconnected, and the taps were left on for draining. The bedroom closet was swimming.
Oops.
Three hours later, after mopping and wringing out a =lot= of water, and setting a heater on it, it finally stopped draining out of the front end. I turned the water back on, checked all the hose connections, and all seemed fine. However, after a half hour there's water once more dripping from the front end. I think what happened is that in my eagerness to shut off the taps, I may have twisted a connection loose in the wall behind the washer. Great, not only no water, but a nice repair bill in Williams Lake coming up.
So, apart from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how'd you enjoy the play?
Hopefully, today's episode will be in stark contrast to the rest of the trip. Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment